Thursday, March 6, 2008

what i learned today

today rob, kevin, rolph, and myself rode the sovereign (?) trail in moab. now, to me this is some of  the best moab has to offer. it was nice and singletracky with great flow. several challenging climbs and a few really fun techy downhill areas. as always a spectacular view.

rolph is an older gentleman, and i use the older part loosely. he is 57 and absolutely rages on a bike. never more than a minute behind. mostly behind due to his appreciation of the new bike he was demoing and not because of skill or ability. matter of fact he could probably kick most of my michigan friends butts as well as mine. He also has one of the most infectious attitudes i have ever come across. he is so stoked on life and just adores every minute he has. let alone most of his time is spent on or around bikes. i certainly hope to be half as fast and stoked on life when i reach his young age.

time to get out yer notebooks cause here is what i learned from rob.

barking drunk.

 this is when you come home so drunk your dog does not recognize you and barks at you. laughed my ass off when he told me that, shakes can attest to my having been there and he having done that. love it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and your stupid job.... So it looks like I am going to get worked over by you again at the old LJ100. I am starting not to like you.

Shawn

P.S. It is currently cold here at home with a chance of cold later followed by a weekend filled with, you gessed it COLD!!!!

Anonymous said...

Barking drunk. Now you wise, angry buddhist.

Cipo

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. Glad things are going well. By the way it's interesting how your perspective on age changes as you get older. You mention 57 and now that I am north of 40 it doesn't seem old.

Mike

Kristina said...

Barking drunk. Ha that's my new favorite. I think I stumbled home barking drunk once. Ok maybe twice.