Sunday, March 9, 2008

This is for Danielle


 now don't get me wrong i like danielle. in a kid sister kinda way. we have travelled a lot together and i have seen her accomplish some pretty amazing feats. she routinely beats me at most races.  i did beat her once in a 12 hour...............of course she had quit about three hours early. but i'll take it. 

 so this is my last day in Moab. I am putting a few people on bikes and getting to spread the word a lot more. we have a super buzz about us and a lot of people are ready to see the bikes first hand. apparently our marketing is working as a lot of people want an in depth look. tough gig i have.

 i got in a super cool road ride with a group from Poison Spider and several locals. These guys throw down. there was a former pro tour/tour de france rider with us, a very fit and fast shop owner and several other locals who just plain push pedals hard. I also had my first recumbanent (sp?) in a group ride. and let me tell you it was great.

 we spun around 24mph and then went up from there. my time in Moab has whipped my end into shape. i hung in the back for a bit to learn group dynamics and as soon as i felt comfy i went up and took my turns. well these locals musta smelled a bit of fresh meat and the pace just kept going. not in a bad way but in a hey let's rock way. other than the famed Founder's Tuesday mash fests this ride was up in the best ever category.  
 
 for those of you who know....riding with this group was like riding with 15 FARMERS. the FARMER has an infectious positive attitude and can drop the pedals with the best. this group was the same. only negative was the beer, or flavored utah water. oh well i tried to make up for it in quantity. lets just say some of my michigan training paid off...:)

 So FIRST PERSON TO SEND ME REAL FOUNDERS BEER WILL GET SOME SCHWAG.


and shawn....i hope we can battle at LUMBERJACK. i would really like to see some peeps. i can't even register as of yet as my schedule is not final. but if not why don't you try and join rick at the FOOLS GOLD. this event may be on my calender. 
 

3 comments:

Tim said...

and the shipping address is?

Danielle Musto said...

If you don't show up at Lumberjack it's because you are scared. Waaa waaaa.

I'm already trying to decide what to say when I pass you for the second time :-)

angry buddhist said...

uh probably not gonna make the LJ. but hopefully Fools Gold.

You never ever pass me twice. I either quit or push. besides its 75 here.