Friday, August 22, 2008

"today was a good day..."

 I woke up and rode the " neighborhood trails" in Charlotte. Pretty much an abandoned green space the guys put a trail network on. Pretty cool to ride from the shop a few blocks and disappear into a trail. 

 Of course the said trail has to be cool, otherwise it is just a mess in the neighborhood. This trail has the local flavor. That flavor is trail obstacles that kick ass. Want a double? there ya go, how boot a kicker? take several, try me on a few rhythm sections, it was tight and twisty and lots of fun. 

 That being done I had to hustle to make a 9:30 / 12:30 conference call with the office. Check, now what? How about a ride over at the White Water center in Charlotte? OK. That was pretty cool as well. It being so dry here the single track was wicked wicked fast and pretty much paved. I mean paved with fun. 
 
 By now I was hungry, so I went over to the White Water place and had a Pint and some deep fried pickles. Hell ya! Just friggin beat that. Topped that off with Black Bean burger and another Pint. 

 Off to shower, do some laundry and drink more beer. Life as a mountain biker sure rocks.

Did I mention tomorrow marks the end of my demo tour!!!!!!!!! Heading home Sunday to the little Midget and Shakes. 

1 comment:

Kristina said...

I'm so excited for you to come home I can hardly stand to wait another 4 days!!!