Wednesday, May 27, 2009




Having travelled around the country now for quite a bit, I realized some things.
Everywhere is like everywhere else except,
some places have more crappy people.



I like the fact that I left Michigan, again.
I had a seriously cool crew of people I hung out with.
All of them great people,
I just felt it was a crappy place for me.
I wanted to be free from the oppressive midwest "it's a great place to raise a family".
Really???
Why?
Maybe for you.


I have become quite saddened by people's general lack of
compassion and tolerance.
Gays cannot marry.
What difference does it make to you?
You have to believe this religion or I will kill you.
^ I will never comprehend that^
I also am not really comprehending hotel type coffee.
Or the slamming of hotel doors as you come and go.
Why? Do you slam your doors at home?

I went and saw a movie last night.
I was the first person in the theater, so I chose my best seat.
Three mouth breathers come in and sit right behind me, in an otherwise vacant theater.
So I was miffed.
I realized my intolerance and stifled it.
I was going to learn from my wife and just relax.
After 15 kicks to the back of my chair from a grown person, I was not
going to just stifle it.
I turned and gave the WTF A HOLE look.
Kicking stopped.
For ten whole minutes.
In the past I would have said something.
Something that included not nice words.
I did not.
I gave the you ass hole look,
and moved seats.

I could go on about the person being black, jewish, mexican or heaven forbid
just plain white.
But really what does that accomplish?
The guy was just a douche bag.
Simple as that.
Funny thing about the story is that I let it go.

the angry buddhist

let it go.

You can teach an old dog new tricks.
Thanks wife.

And with that I am learning to become tolerant.
I urge you to become more tolerant.

Unless your driving, because I need to figure that one out still ;)



2 comments:

Danielle Musto said...

I think that everyone should be accepted EXCEPT mouth breathers at the movies. They suck!

Kristina said...

You make me smile :-o)