Sunday, February 1, 2009

new kid in town.....


Well, I seem to have gotten into the reality that I am done racing.
I am now riding the Firebird, a near 7 inch travel bike that as pictured weighs in a touch over 30 pounds.
I am amazed that I can climb this bike as easy, if not easier than the Mach 4.
Of course, it is more fun pointed down the hill. 


Zip ties are bling......
I am guilty of buying the whole bike just to have these DT wheels.
I am enamored with white wheels.
Like most I have spent a few hours staring at my bike.

The whole shebang, enchilada, whatever...
I look forward to getting back in shape and developing enough base where the 5 pound gain in bike weight will not matter.
At any rate I am satisfied, a lot more travel, and a lot more fun. 
And for those noticing.....
I do plan on trimming the brake lines...
and removing the zip bling.

http://vimeo.com/3025570

the link is a video of my favorite trail on SOMO.
I was driving the shuttle this day so our reps could get a taste of the Firebird.
Ken the camera man is just a little sick with skills.
I rode this trail just yesterday and broke in the new ride.
Sweet.

1 comment:

timari said...

Hey, at least we cut my brake lines! Even if the steerer tube wasn't cut yet in the picture! :) Of course it was the first time for my mechanic cutting brake lines.....I am hoping NOT to have severe mechanical failure which could result in death! :) Just kidding....but I think he is a little worried!